We support Elementary School Zone 1, Waller-Williams, DuValle ECH, Riverport ECH, and Housekeeping.
*Accelerated Improvement Schools (AIS)—Dr. Nate Meyer
2021-22 JCPS-JCTA Critical Needs Teaching List
Pursuant to Article 28 Section G of the JCTA/JCBE agreement, JCPS will recognize up to 20 years of teaching/certified experience for new experienced teachers hired in the following critical needs areas/disciplines:
- Dual Certification (two or more content areas, a content area or elementary with special education, or being certified at both the middle and high school level for a content area)
- Dual Credit (HS and college course)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)—Occupation-Based Certification
- Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- Special Education (includes LBD, MSD, Hearing Impaired [HI], and Visually Impaired [VI])
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- School Media Librarian
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood
- Teaching in a school identified as an Accelerated Improvement School (AIS) at the time of hire
Additional areas may be identified based on qualified applicant data for a vacancy not listed above.