We support, monitor, and facilitate to ensure that a properly certified educator is in the appropriate position. By examining course information and teacher certification through the LEAD process, we ensure that JCPS is in compliance with state and federal regulations. As the liaison to the Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB), we provide assistance with initial and renewal certification.
- CA1 Initial and Change in Rank Application and Directions 2021 (pdf)
- CA2 Application for Renewal or Duplicate and directions 2021 (pdf)
- CATP form and Instructions 2021 (pdf)
- Salary Verification Plus 15 Credit Hours (pdf)
- Your university or college certification consultant will submit the + 15 verification form on your behalf. If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Changes in salary rank will be accepted in the Department of Human Resources anytime during the school year by September 15. Information received after September 15 will be credited to the following school year.
2021-22 JCPS-JCTA Critical Needs Teaching List
Pursuant to Article 28 Section G of the JCTA/JCBE agreement, JCPS will recognize up to 20 years of teaching/certified experience for new experienced teachers hired in the following critical needs areas/disciplines:
- Dual Certification (two or more content areas, a content area or elementary with special education, or being certified at both the middle and high school level for a content area)
- Dual Credit (HS and college course)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)—Occupation-Based Certification
- Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- Special Education (includes LBD, MSD, Hearing Impaired [HI], and Visually Impaired [VI])
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- School Media Librarian
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood
- Teaching in a school identified as Accelerated Improvement School (AIS) at the time of hire
Additional areas may be identified based on qualified applicant data for a vacancy not listed above.