Click on event to view details
The mission of the Wheeler School community is to provide a safe, nurturing, and academically challenging environment where all students will be and feel successful.
In order for our students to be lifelong learners, we will provide:
- A school climate that is pervasive in the caring and nurturing of children and supports the belief that children are our first priority.
- High expectations that all children can learn at high levels.
- High expectations for exemplary staff performance.
- Application of multiple intelligence theory and innovative instructional practices that access individual students' talents and learning styles.
- A firm, fair, consistent, and positive behavior-management system.
- Involvement of parents in site-based decision making.
- Recognition of the important contribution of parents to the development of their children.
- Opportunities for broad community support and involvement.
- Quality service for our customers (students, parents, community, Jefferson County Public School [JCPS] District, Kentucky Department of Education [KDE], staff, and others).