- The URL for webmail is http://login.microsoftonline.com/
- Users must enter their complete e-mail address in the User ID field. (ie: email@example.com)
Microsoft Office 365 has an excellent HELP menu which can be accessed by clicking the Help icon, (little blue circle containing the white question mark) located in the upper right hand corner, or through their help website. http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/ : Click: Help for Microsoft Office 365 for enterprises.
Getting Started with Outlook Web App
Microsoft Office 365 Quick Reference Card
, and Directions
Created by CES
TIP: When asked to enter the server name, enter: m.outlook.com This server name is for use with mobile devices only.
When asked to enter a username, enter your entire email address.
iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- You don’t need to enter anything in the Domain box. Enter the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password boxes. You need to enter your full e-mail address in the Email and Username boxes (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your iPhone will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Go to step 7 if your iPhone finds your settings.
- If your iPhone can’t find your settings, you’ll need to manually look up your Exchange ActiveSync server name. In the Server box, enter m.outlook.com, and then tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.
For instruction for a Windows Phone see: Set up Exchange ActiveSync E-Mail on Windows Phone
- The exact steps required to set up your mobile phone for Exchange ActiveSync may vary, but these generic steps will assist you in setting up your mobile phone for Exchange ActiveSync.
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select Email + accounts.
- Select Add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your e-mail address and password and select Sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your e-mail account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 7.
- If you see the message “Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped your password.”, verify that you entered the correct email address and password. At this stage, you don’t need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 7.
- If your e-mail account can't be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, “We couldn’t find your settings”. Select Advanced. You'll need to enter the following information:
- E-mail address This is your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com
- Password This is the password for your e-mail account and to log onto a computer.
- User name This is your full e-mail address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Domain This is the part of your e-mail address after the @ sign, for example: jefferson.kyschools.us.
- Server The server name is: m.outlook.com
- Select Show all settings and make sure the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box is selected.
- Select Sign in.
- Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
To access JCPS's Wireless Network:
Submit a Service Request on line (http://apps.jefferson.k12.ky.us/HeatJCPS/) or by calling 3552, to have the Mac Address or Physical Address of the device entered into the Radius Server. Please consult your owner's manual on how to obtain the WiFi Address.
iPhone, iPad, iPod Directions: To Obtain the WiFi Address: Settings > General > About > Wi-Fi Address
Microsoft Office 365
Users are encouraged to use Webmail (OWA). Microsoft Office 365 is efficient and effective.
- Windows users may use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or 2010.
- Microsoft Office 365 will not function using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
- Macintosh users may use Entourage 2008 or Apple Mail.
Configuring a Macintosh Computer to use Entourage 2008: (Word) (PDF) These directions are not current.
Using Microsoft Office Outlook
- Suggested settings for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: Saving E-Mail, Saving Attachments, Signature, Send and Receive, Emptying Trash (Web Page)
Quick Reference Guides (PDF) for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 From the University of Southampton, UK:
E-mail Features | Contacts Features | Calendar Features
(University of Southampton, University Road, Southampton SO17 1BJ, May 27, 2010 http://www.soton.ac.uk/isolutions/computing/email/outlook2007/userguides2007.html)
Saving E-Mail and Attachments