3307 East Indian Trail
Louisville, KY 40213
Carol A Haddad
Liberty High School
Liberty High School is a nontraditional, safety-net school that serves students who meet any of the following criteria:
- A student who has been in high school at least one year and has fewer than five credits.
- A student who has been in high school one to four years and has fewer than 14 credits.
- A student who has been frequently absent from school.
- A student who has failed four or more classes.
- A student who is at least 16 years old.
- A student who prefers hands-on, collaborative learning.
- A student who prefers a flexible daily/yearly schedule.
- A student who desires a work-based educational component.
- A student with diverse learning preferences whose talents are not being developed.
Students interested in applying to Liberty High School must attend an evening information session (with parent/guardian). Dates for these sessions can be obtained by calling the school. There are four intakes per year (August, October, January, and April).
After acceptance into Liberty, all students will attend a mandatory, nine-week, essential life-skills course called Discovery, as well as two other classes. There are four courses per quarter allowing a student to earn eight credits per year.
School hours 7:30 a.m. - 2:10 p.m. Monday - Friday
School buses will be provided for all Liberty students.
Last modified September 4, 2014