3121 Brooklawn Campus Drive
Louisville, KY 40218
Uspiritus - Brooklawn
Uspiritus is a merger of Bellewood Home for Children and Brooklawn Child & Family Services. It is the largest continuum of care serving children in Kentucky, offering such services as therapeutic foster care, a family preservation program, residential treatment, community-based services, and independent living. The Bellewood campus offers an on-site educational program operated by the Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS). The program is designed to enable students to make a successful transition to a public school.
- Population Served: Boys and girls, grades six through twelve
- Specific Characteristics: Students who are currently unable to attend a regular JCPS school
- Maximum Enrollment: 130
- Average Length of Stay: Determined by the needs of the student
- Uspiritus - Brooklawn follows the JCPS school calendar and includes a summer program.
The Uspiritus - Brooklawn educational program affords an individualized approach to the student’s academic needs by using the following:
- A safe learning environment for each student
- An individualized program of basic skills and remediation where necessary
- Small-group instruction with fully certified teachers
- Behavior management that teaches acceptable social and academic behaviors so that the students may return to their homes and regular public schools
- Vocational classes in auto technology and horticulture
All youth admitted into the program must be referred through Uspiritus. Some residents are committed to the Cabinet for Families and Children. Some are referred by social workers, medical personnel, and/or parents/guardians. Private referrals are also accepted.
Last modified September 10, 2014