3212 S. Crums Ln.
Louisville, KY 40216
Crums Lane Elementary School
- Offers the Small Class Size Optional Program for Cluster 1
- Met all No Child Left Behind (NCLB) goals during the past six years
- The Crums Lane Academic Team has won Mayor’s Cup competitions during the past two years.
- Offers Gardening Club, Exploratorium, schoolwide trips, Junior Achievement (JA), Spelling Bee, and Newscast Team
- Recognized as a Health Promotion School of Excellence (HPSE)
- Offers basketball, cheerleading, Book Battle, bowling, and track teams
Crums Lane is developing a Community in Action Program. Students will study different types of communities while they participate in monthly service-learning projects that connect them with their own community. Many types of projects and activities will be available through partnerships with area businesses and community organizations. Guest presenters and hands-on experiences at museums and historical and environmental sites will give students an in-depth understanding of communities and cultures of the past and present. The students will have the opportunity to share and demonstrate their learning in monthly programs. All of the Community in Action activities will be linked to core subject areas so that students build their reading, writing, math, science, and social studies skills as they learn about community needs and develop a sense of social responsibility.