Counselor Louis Hilkey
Louis Hilkey (Counselor)
Welcome to the Wilkerson Family! As we progress through another school year here at Wilkerson Traditional School, I'd like to take this opportunity to share my hopes and aspirations.
Because we are a "traditional" elementary school, using the traditional model, all of us (school staff, students, and parents) need to take on increased responsibilities in our efforts to guarantee that each and every child entering our school doors each day realizes personal growth and success. We all must share the responsibility of instilling in each child:
As partners in the education of our children, we will need to work together (and be supportive of one another) as we increase our focus on the following areas:
I'm confident that each and every child at Wilkerson will grow and succeed, personally and academically, this school year. However, this can only be accomplished if we work together as partners--keeping in mind that we have to do what's best for each and every child. Our kids have to come first.
In closing, I'd like to wish you all a very positive and rewarding school year. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me by e-mail, phone, or a note.
The Golden Rule
Treat other people the way you want to be treated!
1. Can you provide contact information for Louisville Community resources so I can access services for my child? Click here.
2. Can you provide contact information for JCPS resources so I can access services for my child? Click here.
3. What support services are available at Wilkerson?
4. What specific services are available through my child's counselor?
5. What is the best way to talk with my child's counselor?
A parent should set up an appointment to see their child's counselor by phone, e-mail, fax, or letter.
6. What is the best way for my child to talk with his/her counselor?
The best way is for students to make an appointment with clerical staff and the counselor through the Counseling Office. If it is an emergency, they should contact a teacher or general office staff member immediately and let them know of their need to see their counselor.
7. What else can I learn about the services and programs offered by JCPS?
This link accesses the JCPS home page, which has information on a variety of JCPS programs and departments.
8. Is there a general K-12 web site for me to access counselor related information?
This link is to the JCPS counselor web pages. This link will allow you to access information regarding curriculum, enrollment, health/immunization, testing, grading procedures, special programs, college/career information, and community resources.