Student Technology Leadership Program
The mission of the Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) is to advance individual capabilities, to motivate all students, and to create leadership opportunities through the use of technology.
Follow us on Twitter @JFKstlp
STLP Project, 2014-15
- Our project this year focuses on learning and educating others about the people of Southern Sudan and making a difference for them.
- We created our own website. Visit us at http://kennedystlp.org/ and see what our project is about, and Support Southern Sudan!
- For the third year in a row, we competed at State level with our Southern Sudan project on Level 3 and earned the Best in State from Region trophy/award.
JFK Rally for Sudan
Watch the video we made in STLP Camp in June 2014.
Lost Boy of Sudan Visits Kennedy
Click here to watch the video.
2014 Staci Bufkin-Halleron Award Winners
Projects From Prior Years
2013-14: Putting Our Paw on Diabetes
- We have shared what we learned about diabetes with our school and the community.
- We participated in several health fairs and tested blood sugar levels throughout this school year: Senca High School/Bellarmine Nursing Health Fair, Kennedy's Fit-Lit Night, and Crums Lane Elementary Health Fair.
- We walked with a fellow classmate in the Diabetes Walk for Support and Awareness.
Check out the videos we created for information on diabetes:
- Living With Diabetes Interview
- Don't Play With Diabetes
- Diabetes in Control
- What Is Diabetes?
- Diagnosis Diabetes
- Diabetes War
We were honored to have the opportunity to compete at the state level at the University of Kentucky (UK) on April 22, 2014.
The STLP Regional Showcase was November 19, 2013, at the University of Louisville (UofL), and we scored well enough that we competed at the state level.
2012-13 : Joy of Reading
Our objective was to show that reading and learning to read can be fun for all ages using technology.
Our project was good enough to compete at state in the spring of 2013. We brought home the Best Showcase Project in Region Award—Top 24 in the state!
Click here to see video footage with PK-Kindergarten class.
Presented at the UofL Fall Showcase
2012 Staci Bufkin-Halleron Creative Project Award Winners
Click here to read about it.
Project 1—How Technology Has Changed
Project 2—Memorial to Steve Jobs
Click here to see our News Report for "How Technology Has Changed"
We scored a 93 and a 90. Awesome job!
Check out our video project from the 2010 Showcase!
Greatly Enhanced Executives of Knowlege (GEEK)
The GEEK Squad’s plans are to use ALICE programming to create their own cartoons on a Core Content subject.
Fifth-grade students in the GEEK Squad created their own blog.
- Fourth- and fifth-grade students chose their special area for one week. Computer class was taught by the GEEK Squad.
- The GEEK Squad produced historical reenactment videos.
Students participated in a group to write a script for their historical person, acted out historical scenes, videotaped in front of a green screen, and inserted pictures for background scenes. Click on the links below to see their videos:
George Rogers Clark
Susan B. Anthony