According to Kentucky state regulations and JCPS board policy, district students must meet various health requirements.
For detailed information on Kentucky laws, click here.
Every JCPS student must have a valid immunization certificate on file within two weeks of attending a JCPS school. Students who enroll in Head Start or State-Funded Pre-K programs must have current Kentucky State Immunization Certificate on file prior to attending a JCPS school or riding on a JCPS bus, and students will not be placed without these forms.
Detailed immunization schedule:
Students need proof of a physical exam verified on a Kentucky Preventative Exam Form:
- For placement in early childhood programs. (The student must have a yearly physical exam for Head Start/Early Head Start Programs.)
- For kindergarten (if the student hasn’t attended an early childhood program).
- For entry into sixth grade.
The exam form must be on file within two months of a student attending a JCPS school. Please note that this physical exam requirement is not the same as a sports physical.
All students ages 3, 4, 5, or 6 years old entering JCPS for the first time must have an eye exam completed by January 1 of the year the student is enrolled. This is a one-time-only requirement.
This exam must be completed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist and is not part of the physical exam. Proof of the exam must be on the Kentucky Vision Examination Form.
All students ages 5 or 6 years old entering JCPS for the first time must have a dental exam completed by January 1 of the year the student is enrolled. This is a one-time-only requirement.
Proof of the exam must be on the Kentucky Dental Screening/Examination Form.
Head Start/Early Head Start students must have a yearly dental exam done by a dentist.
- Physical Examination Form (all ages)
- Immunization Certificate
- Immunization Certificate -- medical exemption
- Immunization Certificate -- religious exemption
- Eye Examination Form for School Entry
- Dental Screening/Examination Form for School Entry
- Sports Physical Form
- Physical/Dental Permission Slip
Health Requirement Compliance Flow Charts
- Immunization Compliance Flow Chart
- Immunization Out of Compliance Flow Chart
- Physical, Dental, and Vision Exam Compliance Flow Chart
Date Modified 6/6/14